Free shipping in the Continental US! Other vendors have the price before shipping, which generally runs $30/skid plate!
We appreciate a business address to ship these to as it saves us a little on the shipping costs. Please be patient as these ship from Washington State and Vancouver BC.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY EVOLUTIONS ORIGINAL ALUMINUM SKID PLATE!
Volkswagen's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
* The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm thick.
* Smooth Finish.
* Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator, transmission and plastic side skirts.
* Specially designed so you won't have to worry about air forcing your plastic tire well lining back and into your tires.
* Bolts to the frame with steel rivet-nuts.
* Never rusts.
* Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.
* Air duct to allow air flow around transmission.
* One hour install.
* The most user friendly rivet-nut installation tool comes with every kit.
* Bolts to vehicle in 5 locations.
* Once the plate is installed it is only 5 bolts that need to be removed for your oil change(1-2minutes).
* Detailed easy to follow, step by step instructions are only located here: Click here to view. Passat B5 Thor-Install-Guide(PDF)
* Comes with three insulating washers to act as a barrier preventing electrolysis.
* Shipped to your door step in a box as a complete kit. No other attachments need to be purchased.
* CNC Machine Manufactured.
Oil Changes: We make it easy for you! With the Thor skid plate we do not offer an oil drain hole option. If we were to put one on the skid plate, the hole would be located right on the ramped section of the skid plate. This would be bad as the hole could easily catch an object on the road causing a major hazard for you and other vehicles on the road. So the skid plate will need to be removed in order to gain access to the oil filter and drain plug. However if you want to put your own access holes into the skid plate, it is at your own risk. We have added two 1/2" sight holes so you can locate your oil plug for proper alignment while you cut your own oil drain hole. Removal of the skid plate for oil changes is very quick and easy taking 1-2 minutes. Only the bottom five bolts need to be removed and the skid plate drops right down and off of your VW. The aluminum side wings don't need to be unbolted from the skid plate.
98-05 Passat & Passat Wagon
Passats with the W8 engine will need spacers at the front, please contact us if you have a W8.