Free shipping in the Continental US! Other vendors have the price before shipping, which generally runs $30/skid plate!
We appreciate a business address to ship these to as it saves us a little on the shipping costs. Please be patient as these ship from Washington State and Vancouver BC.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY EVOLUTIONS ORIGINAL ALUMINUM SKID PLATE!
Volkswagen's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
* The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm thick!
* Smooth Finish.
* Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator, transmission and plastic side skirts.
* Tested in the Northern Canada winter with -40C weather
* Bolts to the frame with steel rivet-nuts.
* An oil drain hole that is 98% cut out for TDI only. Finish the cut and you will have an oil drain hole in the skid plate!
* Never rusts.
* Weighs 13.8 pounds (18.2 including hardware).
* Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.
* Most popular Skid Plate Available.
* One hour install.
* Can be installed with or without your stock plastic skid plate.
* Easy one minute modification to your plastic side skirts.
* Three point intrinsic stress bar at the rear of the skid plate first developed by Evolution Auto Accessories.
* Detailed easy to follow, step by step instructions are only located here: Click here to view. Osiris-Install-Guide(PDF)
* Comes with three insulating washers to act as a barrier preventing electrolysis.
* Shipped to your door step in a box as a complete kit. No other attachments need to be purchased.
* CNC Machine Manufactured for a perfect fit.
Oil Changes: We make it easy for you. If you don't want to remove the skid plate at every oil change, we have provided every skid plate with a 1/2 inch sight hole to locate your oil drain plug. With the skid plate on the car you can look through the sight hole and locate your oil plug and map out where an oil drain access hole can be cut into the plate. For the TDI diesel cars that use the plastic skid plate in conjunction with the aluminum skid plate, you will need to cut a hole in the plastic skid plate as well, in the same location. However removal of the skid plate for oil changes is very quick and easy taking 1-2 minutes. Only the bottom six bolts need to be removed and the skid plate drops right down and off of your VW.
Fits the following:
05.5-13 Jetta & Jetta SportWagon (Except 2011+ Jetta Sedan, see separate listing)
06-13 Rabbit, Golf & GTI
Golf V R32